We recently returned from one of the best holidays ever: 3 nights in Barcelona, 6 in Tenerife and 1 in Bergamo! It was absoltely amazing...wonderful people, impressive lanscapes and architecture, adorable food and here and there a bit of shopping, as every girl's wardrobe needs a small refresher now and then:) Below is a small selection of places I loved and food I enjoyed in Tenerife, a heavenly Canarian island that I 100% recommend. It's exotic, misterious, so different and uniquely beautiful and so far away from Europe...Lay back and enjoy :)
- Rent a car! Tenerife is a great island to explore, so it's worth investing in a car for the stay in order to be mobile and see all this magic island has to offer
- Playa de las Teresitas cannot be missed: great golden sand, clear water, an authentic Cubano feeling (try out the snack van on the beach) and definitely climb up the hill for a breathtaking view!
- Visit Loro Parque! It's an amazing encounter with nature, it's as close as you can get to fascinating parrots, as you can actually feed them :)
- Best paella ever: in the charming village of Candelaria, in the main square, the restaurant closest to the shore. It was mouthwathering, 110% delish!...and very cheap!
- Pack your hiking gear and a warm jacket next to the beach stuff: The highest mountain peak in Spain (the El Teide volcano) offers great trails in the surrounding natural park. Be prepared for snow in the hot summer:)
- Reserve a day for the Siam Thai Aqua Park! It's the largest water fun park in Europe with plenty of highlights and a definite goose bump and adrenalin rush quarantee!
- The south-eastern part of the island has the best weather, so if you plan a less mobile stay, then book your hotel here. The north-east is windier, while the western side has more rainy days (only rain we got was when we went to Loro Parque in the north west). Overall the north and the west are cooler.